Tuesday, 17 July 2012

Bye bye house – June 2012

With everything happening in a rush we had to quickly find a rental property (with two dogs and a cat) and move out pronto. Luck was on our side and we got the first rental we looked at in Dulwich Hill; so within a week the removalist was booked, we had sold everything we could flog on ebay (paid for the bar tab at my party so happy with that – my guests seemed happy too) and we were off to Bali. We left Oz with a picture of our little house in our minds and came back to a front façade and two side walls – no turning back now!

That was our lounge room, kitchen and bathroom a few weeks ago

By the end of June all the water pits were in and seemed to be doing the job as intended. Due to no longer having a concrete slab this changed a few things internally such as floor levels and where the pit would be located, so a few delays in all of this getting worked out but it’s definitely not something that could be changed later.

Our big pit

The ‘big pit’ which is about 3 metres long, 1.5 metres wide and high is now under the new kitchen/dining area and has ag pipes leading into it from under the front rooms and sides. The pit has a pump which goes on when the water reaches a certain level and so far has been going quite often; which makes us very happy that we decided to really fix the problem even with the cost (probably all the water fixes and reports cost about $10 - $15k).

Concrete footing poured
Joists are in and they are nice bright yellow ones that termites hate

1 comment:

  1. Thanks a bunch for sharing this with all people you actually recognize what you are talking about!Bookmarked. Kindly also discuss with my website.